Temeda has ensured our API Portal authentication security is up-to-date with OAuth 2.0.
OAuth is the authentication mechanism used to provide you and your web developers secure delegated access to your Temeda account API information such as equipment, machinery, vehicle, asset, and telemetry data. Temeda has reinforced the security that provides these personal credentials with access tokens rather than login credentials.
Temeda’s OAuth 2.0 API Authorization implementation delivers the ability to share data while providing more substantial and more secure authentication. OAuth works over HTTPS and authorizes devices, APIs, servers, and applications with access tokens rather than credentials.
Advantages of OAuth 2.0
- OAuth 2.0 is a very flexible protocol that relies on SSL (Secure Sockets Layer that ensures data between the web server and browsers remain private) to save user access token.
- OAuth 2.0 relies on SSL, which ensures cryptography industry protocols and are being used to keep the data safe.
- OAuth 2.0 allows limited access to the user’s data and prohibits accessing when authorization tokens expire.
- OAuth 2.0 can share data for users without having to release personal information.
- OAuth 2.0 provides more substantial and more secure authentication.