Temeda values your privacy.
Due to the nature of the IoT industry, data and information is a vital part of our services. This may include; location data, device captured audio and video, Asset Activity (e.g., ignition status, driver safety events), and more.
We treat all personal information collected with care and subject to this policy. We will not use or disclose your information in ways to which you have not consented. Additionally, you may opt-out of specific uses and disclosures of your personal information, as explained in this policy.
- By using our website and services, you consent to the collection, use and disclosure of your personal information in accordance with this policy.
Information Automatically Collected
- Non-Identifiable Information: Our website automatically collects certain non-identifiable information regarding website users, such as site use analytics. This non-identifiable information is used for website and system administration purposes and to improve the website. We also may use non-identifiable information to initiate interactive, real-time discussions with users. Your non-identifiable information may be disclosed to others and permanently archived for future use.
- Tracking Information: We may use non-personal information to create aggregate tracking information reports regarding the site’s user demographics, traffic patterns, and navigation. None of the tracking information in the reports can be connected to the identities or other personal information of individual users.
- Automatic Device Data: We may use device data to design and test in-development features for our apps. We will not access private personal information unless directly asked by an account administrator or owner. We will verify that data requests are authorized by verifying a user’s access code.
Personal Information You Specifically Provide
- Your Personal Information: During your website use, you may be asked to voluntarily provide certain personal information, such as your name, email address, postal address, telephone number, or credit card information. This information is used to make communicating with you easier or to access your account. It is always your choice whether to provide personal information; unfortunately, without providing the requested information, certain site features will not be accessible, and you will not be able to make any transactions through the site. If your personally identifiable information changes, or if you no longer desire our service, you may correct, update, or delete it by making the change to your account information by visiting the User Profile section of our browser app or by contacting us by telephone or postal mail at the contact information listed below. Not all accounts have the rights to edit all fields. If there are changes that need to be made that you do not have permission to update, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will start helping you satisfy your needs.
- Use of Your Personal Information: We may use your personal information to contact and correspond with you, to respond to your inquiries or the inquiries of your employer, to process transactions and payments, and to facilitate and enhance your use of the website. We may develop a confidential customer profile for you, which will be used to provide the very best service to you.
- Emails from us: From time to time, we may send an email, or other communications containing information about us or other matters that we believe will interest you. At any time you may ask us to stop sending you automated emails by unsubscribing. We respect your privacy and do not sell, rent, or abuse the customer email list. Also, each email sent by us will tell you how to unsubscribe from further emails.
- Disclosure of Your Personal Information: We will share your personal information with third parties only in the ways that are described in this privacy statement. We do not sell your personal information to third parties. We may disclose your personal information in the following circumstances:
- Employer Collection: In the event that you use the Temeda platform because the company you work for has enforced it as policy, your employer will have access to all collected information for your account and all data gathered by telematics devices associated with you. Your employer manages who has permission to view this information in our apps at the account level. Information requests made from other sources will be verified by cross referencing a requestor’s access code in the app to ensure they have admin rights for your account.
- Law Enforcement and Legal Disclosure: We may disclose your personal information to a government institution that has asserted its lawful authority to obtain the information or where we has reasonable grounds to believe the information could be useful in the investigation of unlawful activity, or to comply with a subpoena or warrant or an order made by a court, person or body with jurisdiction to compel the production of information, or to comply with court rules regarding the production of records and information, or to our legal counsel.
- Accessing Your Personal Information: You may request access to your personal information and information about our collection, use and disclosure of that information, by contacting email@example.com. Subject to certain exceptions prescribed by law, you will be given reasonable access to your personal information, entitlement to challenge the accuracy and completeness of the information and the ability to have it amended as is appropriate. You can help us maintain the accuracy of your information by notifying us of any changes to your personal information.
- The security of your personal information is important to us. When you enter any information, we encrypt the transmission of that information using secure socket layer technology (SSL). We strive to use leading-edge security measures to protect the confidentiality of the personal information submitted to us both during transmission and once we receive it. Temeda cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us; you do so at your own risk. If you have any questions about security on our website, please contact us.
- We will retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services. Please contact us if you wish to cancel your account or request that we no longer use your information to provide you services. If your employer manages your telematics data, we will begin working with them to satisfy any privacy issues that may arise. We will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.